Liberty Welcomes Ironshore to its Asia Pacific Operations
The Liberty Mutual Insurance Group has announced it will merge its two commercial specialty lines businesses across Asia Pacific, with Liberty International Underwriters integrating the local Ironshore operations.
Liberty Mutual Insurance made a global acquisition of Ironshore Inc, in 2017 and now seeks to consolidate the number of brands that the group operates in the Asia Pacific region.
The Ironshore team will start writing business under the associated Liberty brands starting 1 January 2019. Claims will continue to be handled in line with present arrangements, and Pembroke, Ironshore and Liberty will collectively review claims handling arrangements as the integration moves forward.
The integration will see us further strengthen our product offering with additional capability in Warranty & Indemnity, Trade Credit, Political Risk and War & Terrorism.
Leadership Update - Hong Kong
Liberty International Underwriters is pleased to welcome Eve Yeung to lead our Hong Kong Casualty operations.
Eve is a skilled insurance professional and brings 24 years of industry experience to our team. Familiar with designing and broking accounts across a diverse range of industry sectors, Eve understands the value of long term relationships between underwriters and insurance brokers.
Recognising Liberty's integrated approach to underwriting, claims and risk engineering, Eve appreciates that as the leader of Liberty's Hong Kong casualty operations her team brings together all three specialist functions, co-located and working together on a daily basis.
You can contact Eve at Eve.Yeung@LibertyIU.com or call her on +852 3655 2650.
Refreshed wordings for the financial institutions industry
Today Liberty International Underwriters has launched four refreshed policy wordings for the Asia financial institutions industry.
Liberty brings more than 15 years of experience in Asian financial lines of insurance. This depth-of-knowledge is reflected in our latest offering of Investment Managers Insurance, including specialised forms for those managing Real Estate Investment Trusts and Venture Capital/Private Equity funds. There is also a updated Financial Institutions Combined wording.
Each of these products has a professional indemnity, directors & officers and crime section.
- A professional indemnity civil liability insuring clause
- New professional indemnity and directors & officers insuring clauses providing cover for self-report and broader inquiry cover
- The option to include an additional Side A limit for any director
These wordings are designed to protect the contemporary financial professional.
Find out more.
Now insuring medical devices, complementary medicine and cosmetics
Liberty International Underwriters has launched a combined public and products liability cover for medical devices, complementary medicines and cosmetics. This includes first and third party recall expenses.
Designed specifically for companies operating in the research, development and manufacture of medical products, we're ideally suited to companies that sell and/or distribute:
- Medical equipment and machinery
- Medical and surgical devices
- Complementary medicine including vitamins, mineral and nutritional supplements, aromatherapy products, herbal medicines and traditional medicines
- Cosmetics, including hair and skin care products.
In addition to our liability offering, Liberty also offers extensive protection in the event of a product recall by packaging our PRplus product recall coverage. This includes replacement, refund and repair costs plus business interruption cover.
Leadership Update - Asia
Liberty International Underwriters has announced a number of internal promotions across Asia Pacific:
- Asia Operations Leader Ben Hissey will relocate from Singapore to Sydney in July 2018 to take on a regional Asia Pacific role. Ben has spent the past 12 years leading Liberty operations in Asia and will now take on significant leadership responsibilities across the wider Asia Pacific business.
- Matthew Jackson will step into the Senior Vice President, Asian Operations Leader role in Singapore, subject to regulatory approval. For the past 15 years Matthew has worked for Liberty and currently leads the casualty operations across the region.
- Angelo Maniatis will relocate from Perth to Singapore to take up the Vice President, Casualty Asia leadership role. Angelo brings almost a decade of experience in the Liberty business and has been leading our Perth operations since 2012. Angelo has also been responsible for our strong and capable casualty risk engineering team across Asia Pacific, which is a core to our casualty offering.
Liberty deeply values the knowledge and experience of our internal team and the continuity that our stability brings to our customers. We look forward to continuing to develop deep enduring partnerships with our broker partners and clients.
Surety underwriting commences in Hong Kong
On 20 September 2017, Liberty announced the expansion of surety operations to Hong Kong through locally licensed Liberty International Underwriters Limited.
Jonathan Griffiths (Regional Surety Manager, Liberty Asia Pacific) explained that obtaining a Hong Kong surety license, coupled with Michelle Ho joining the Liberty Hong Kong office as the dedicated Surety Underwriter for Asia, demonstrates Liberty’s commitment to providing outstanding service to the dynamic local market.
The Hong Kong license complements the Singapore surety licence secured by Liberty in 2014.